Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Shutter Bug

As many of you already know...I used to take pictures of homes for virtual tours. I was scheduled to take some photos on the north east side of town. The last time I was there, we had quite a bit of snow on the ground, so the exterior photos needed to be retaken to showcase the back yard.

With the garage door open, I assumed someone was home. I knocked on the door to let them know who I was and what I was doing...I could hear BIG dogs inside. I thought, cool, that means they aren't in the backyard!! (after working for UPS, dogs aren’t my favorite) Snapping photos starting in the front yard, I soon worked my way around the side and to the back. The backyard is tiered, fenced in, and their pool has a secondary fence around it. The step risers are uneven...some have about a ten inch rise and others up to twelve. With heals on, walking down them took me a while. Yeah, I know….heals?! The dogs are barking and growling and barking out the upstairs windows. I worked my way along until I was almost standing right next to the sliding door...then I noticed it...the glass door was open...all that separated me from those HUGE dogs was a flimsy screen door...and the bouvier was at it...the German shepherd and the pit bull were backing him up….with a growl that was menacing enough I could nearly feel it...the secondary fence around the pool was about twelve feet away...I scurried (in those heals) like the Martian from Bugs Bunny..into the fenced area and snatched the gate shut. Shaking...I continued taking pictures...trying to calm myself...the biggest one decided to go back upstairs, where he could see me better, the others followed...they were pressing against the screen so hard it was bowed out. I had to get out of the back yard….sometime….I made my dash for the steps and FREEDOM. Skirt hiked up, heals on I took those uneven riser steps two at a time (no sixteen year old with tennis shoes could have beat me) Actually..I don't know that my feet even touched those steps...I’m not certain the gate shut behind me either…

Hate to admit it...but as my Dad says...with the proper motivation, anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment